In summers, it is quite common to crave for cool foods and curd is of course considered as a cool food. Curd is also highly nutritious and good for health. It consists of nutrients like calcium, proteins, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
It improves digestion and makes easier for body to absorb nutrients from other food items that you consume. Probiotics in curd helps in strengthening the immune system. Eating curd on regular basis helps in preventing diseases like arthritis and osteoporosis. Curd consists of several minerals like phosphorous, vitamin E and zinc which helps in improving your complexion and skin texture.
How regularly you consume tomatoes on daily basis? Of course, the answer is straight Yes. It has an incredible beneficial effect on your health and has ability to prevent lot of diseases if consumed on daily basis.
- Tomatoes are rich in potassium, a mineral known to lower blood pressure levels. The potassium in tomatoes also regulates fluids and maintains mineral balance.
- Tomatoes are rich source of vitamin A, which is excellent for healthy eyes.
- Tomatoes can significantly reduce body fat, body weight and waist circumference.
- Lycopene present in tomatoes helps in fighting skin inflammation and cellular damage.
- Tomatoes contain three antioxidants called zeta-carotene, phytofluene, and phytoene which helps in fighting inflammation and the associated diseases like cancer and arthritis.
- Tomatoes helps in increasing the bioavailability of iron.
- Improves the functioning of digestive system and liver.
- Tomatoes are rich sources of beta-carotene, folate and flavonoids – all of which are helpful for cardiovascular health.
- Consuming tomatoes during pregnancy keeps woman and her baby healthy. It also helps in the formation of healthy bones, gums and teeth.