Whether you invited friends over last minute or just don’t want to put that much effort into snacks, these 20-minute recipes are amazingly easy to put together and they taste so good, you’ll forget all about your usual pizza and burger delivery.
Cajun Shrimp Guac Bites
These don’t take too long to make, but if you want a super-fast version, we’ve got you covered: Season the shrimp as directed, add to sweet potato chips or precooked rounds, and top with a dollop of store-bought guacamole or slices of fresh avocado.
- 1 sweet potatoes, sliced in ¼” slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to season
- 1lb. large raw shrimp, peel and deveined
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small avocados
- ½ cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Cover bottom of baking sheet with tin foil. Add 1 tablespoon of olive to tin foil and using a brush, spread the olive oil over the entire pan so it is coated. Place the sweet potato slices on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour remaining tablespoon of olive oil into a small dish, using a brush, brush the tops of the sweet potato slices with olive oil. Lightly season with salt.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently flip the sweet potatoes slices over using a pair of tongs. Place back in oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove and let sit.
- To prepare the Guacamole: Add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt to a food processor or blender. Lightly pulse until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the Chipotle Shrimp: In a small bowl, add shrimp, smoked paprika, ground cumin, sea salt, and chipotle chili powder. Toss the shrimp to coat in the seasoning blend.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil to the pan and then place the shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the bites. Top each sweet potato slice with a dollop of guacamole, one shrimp, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve.
Chicken Avocado Salad Roll-Ups
Skip the hoagies and make these chicken salad wraps instead. They’re good on their own if it’s just you and your boo or can be cut up into bite-size pieces to feed a hungry crowd.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ripe avocado- mashed
- 2-4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (start with 2 and add more if the salad seems to dry)
- 1 ½-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 green onion-sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley- chopped
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5-6 Tortillas (8 or 10 inch diameter)
- You can use 6 (8 inch) tortillas.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for Chicken Avocado salad. Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread the mixture over tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining salad.
- Slice with serrated knife into ½ inch slices. You can slice them immediately or refrigerate until firm (about 30 mins). It’s easier to slice when chilled.
Watermelon Feta Skewers
Because not everyone wants to eat wings all day, it’s smart to have a lighter option. Swap out that tired fruit plate for these easy-to-grab skewers. Watermelon and feta were practically meant to be together, and blackberries are a tart twist.
- 1 small seedless ripe watermelon, cut into 1″cubes
- 6 ounces of Feta cheese, cut into 1” cubes
- Fresh Ripe Firm Blackberries
- Small wooden skewers
- Skewer watermelon chunks, feta and blackberry.
- Place on serving platter and store in refrigerator until ready to serve
BBQ Chicken Skillet Nachos
Rotisserie chicken makes filling homemade nachos so. easy. Shred some up; add it to tortilla chips with cheese, barbecue sauce, and veggies; and bake. The only thing you’ll have to worry about is when to make a second batch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar/mozzarella blend
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped finely
- Sour cream, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop onion and cilantro and prepare cheeses (if you need to grate them).
- Add the olive oil, onion, chicken, salt & pepper, and BBQ sauce to the skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s all mixed together and starts bubbling.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Add a fairly even layer (some overlap is ok) of tortilla chips to the bottom of the pan. Add half the chicken mixture, followed by half the cheese. Add another layer of tortilla chips, the rest of the chicken mixture, and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro sprinkled on top and a dollop of sour cream. Dive in immediately.
Creamy Avocado Dip
No game day is complete without a little guac, and this one couldn’t be easier to make. Mash some avocados, then add lime, minced garlic, cilantro, peppers, tomato, and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bring on the chips. Maybe add a couple dashes of hot sauce to spice it up quickly.
- 4 tablespoons Silk Unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl mash the avocados until soft, then add in remaining ingredients and mash everything together until well combined. Serve with tortilla chips, fresh veggies, or as a spread on burgers and sandwiches!
Baked, fried or sauteed chicken makes chicken lovers go crazy. Chicken not only tastes good, but is also good in nutritive values. Cooking chicken is easy, but it requires practice, skill and right technique. Here are following recipes focusing on chicken breast which comes handy for you, so what are you waiting for to show your culinary skills and enjoy your meal.
1. Healthy Roasted Chicken and Veggies
This is a super straight forward recipe where veggies and chicken are roasted at the same time in the same pan, so there’s minimal prep necessary. Add a cooked grain to round out the meal.
2. Chicken Shawarma and Sweet Potato Fry Bowls
Shawarma lovers, create your own version of shawarma at home, using spices such as paprika and cumin to coat your chicken. With couscous, olives and tahini yogurt sauce making this portable dish taste even more authentic, you’ll be the envy of your coworkers.
3. Healthy Greek Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
Sectioned plastic containers are a must for meal-prep purposes and this recipe is a perfect example of how useful they are. The yogurt sauce, chicken, veggies, and farro are best kept divided until it’s time to eat.
4. Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Chicken Meal-Prep Magic
It’s easy, it’s got fewer than five main ingredients, it makes eight servings, it’s well-balanced, and it’s delicious. Magic is a pretty perfect word for this meal-prep recipe.
5. Pesto Chicken Pita Pockets
You can always make your own pesto; however if time is a limited resource for you, a store-bought version works just fine. Stir it into a pile of roasted chicken and veggies, and pack the mixture into pita pockets.
6. Cilantro Lime Chicken With Cauliflower Rice
Lime juice and cilantro keep the chicken tasting light and fresh, while the spicier cauliflower rice and black bean combo gives it a kick of flavor. And since it’s equally tasty eaten hot or cold, it’s an ideal option for an on-the-go meal.
7. Jerk Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
Recipes like this prove that meal prepping is totally worth it. With spicy chicken, sweet pineapple relish, and fragrant Spanish rice, it might be hard to believe, but this flavor-packed combo really can come together in just 30 minutes… and last you through four lunches or dinners.
8. Fiesta Chicken Rice Bowls
Fiesta is right—brimming with spiced corn, brown rice, salsa, and peppers, these colorful chicken and rice bowls make every meal feel festive. They’re also prepped and ready to go in just 20 minutes. If only all parties were this easy to put together!
9. Meal-Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls
Skip the lines at Chipotle, but not your Mexican fix. From the chicken and the corn to the rice and the beans, these quick and easy combos give you everything you want in a burrito bowl, while kale and cherry tomatoes add even more nutrition.
10. One-Pan Healthy Chicken and Veggies
These vibrant meals are as tasty as they are good-looking, thanks to seasonings like chili powder, onion powder, and paprika coating the colorful veg. There’s the option to add cheese, but with so much other fun stuff going on, we doubt you’ll miss it if you leave it out.
It is a myth that eating bananas increases obesity; however eating bananas does not increase weight, but has lot of health benefits. Following are benefits of eating bananas:
- It keeps blood pressure under control.
- It makes bones strong and is beneficial for women.
- Eating bananas decreases the depression.
- Vitamin B6 in banana prevents blood glucose.
- Iron in the banana reduces the risk of anemia.
- It helps in reducing morning fatigue.
In summers, it is quite common to crave for cool foods and curd is of course considered as a cool food. Curd is also highly nutritious and good for health. It consists of nutrients like calcium, proteins, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
It improves digestion and makes easier for body to absorb nutrients from other food items that you consume. Probiotics in curd helps in strengthening the immune system. Eating curd on regular basis helps in preventing diseases like arthritis and osteoporosis. Curd consists of several minerals like phosphorous, vitamin E and zinc which helps in improving your complexion and skin texture.
Raisins which are small in size has lot of health benefits, due to good content of calcium, iron, fiber and magnesium. Following are some benefits which will sure make you to gulp some raisins on daily basis:
- Raisins contain a large amount of iron which is beneficial for fighting against anemia.
- High content of potassium in raisins helps in reducing hypertension.
- It contains polyphenolic phytonutrients which have antioxidant properties are good for eye health.
- It helps in curing fever by fighting against bacterial and viral infections due to its antibiotic and antioxidant properties.
- Fiber in raisins helps in relieving constipation. It also helps in stopping loose stools.
If you are suffering from acidity and also want to reduce body fat, start drinking lemon juice in a warm glass of water in the morning. Before doing this, you should consult a doctor. Lemon water helps you in getting rid of acidity in one week and it also helps in reducing body fat.
When you take lemon in warm water; pay attention to it being more fresh and sour. Try this and you will notice a difference in a week’s time in your acidity and weight issues.
Watermelon is one of the best-selling fruit in summer which has high water content, but it is not beneficial for everyone. Read the following information which might be helpful to you.
- Watermelon contains large amounts of potassium; however people having heart problem should avoid eating it, since it can increase the heart problems.
- People with diabetes should avoid eating watermelon, since it increases the sugar levels in the body.
- People with kidney problems should not eat more watermelon.
Almond is considered to be the king of dry fruits, since it contains many nutrients. Regular consumption of almonds helps in boosting memory as well as in reducing weight loss. Following are some benefits of almonds:
- Eating almonds helps in weight loss. It contains good fat, protein and fiber which benefits the body.
- Almond contains large amounts of vitamin A which is extremely useful for the skin.
- Almond consumption reduces the risk of heart disease.
It is very important to follow some dietary rules to keep yourself healthy. Often, due to wrong eating habits, health gets affected. If we follow proper dietary rules, we can maintain our health in a optimum condition.
Do not bath immediately after meals
You should avoid bathing immediately after meals. According to experts, bathing after eating will reduce the body temperature which affects the digestive tract.
Sleeping habits are harmful after meals
Many people have a habit of sleeping after a meal; however this habit is not good for your health. According to experts, the body needs to work harder to get the food digested; however if slept immediately after meal it can lead to problems such as indigestion, weight gain.
Do not smoke immediately after meal, it can badly affected your lungs.
Avoid eating fruit
Do not eat fruit immediately after eating. Eating fruits after lunch or dinner can slow the digestion process. It can cause acidity, inflammation and gas problems.
Avoid drinking tea
Drinking tea immediately after meals can be harmful to health, hence drink tea at least one to two hours after eating.
It is advisable not to drink water while eating, since it can lead to health problems. Hence, it is necessary to drink water half an hour before the meal. If you drink water at the right time, it works as medicine, but drinking in the wrong time can lead to health problems. Drinking water immediately after eating can lead to weight gain, high blood pressure and indigestion problem.
Drinking a glass of water half an hour before eating improves in improving digestion and weight loss. It also provides energy and also improves the skin tone and prevents diabetes.